WV450XD Hazardous Location GRP Strobe Light
- Available in 10, 15 and 21 Joule Units
- Seven available lens colors: Amber, Blue, Clear, Green, Magenta, Red and Yellow
- 316 stainless steel mounting bracket included
- Available voltages (±15%): 24-48VDC – 15J units, 110VAC – 10J/21J units, 220VAC – 10J/21J units
- Corrosion resistant GRP (Glass Reinforced Polyester)
- Included dome guard
- M20 entries standard
- Xenon Strobe tube life of 10,000 hours
- Body color natural black as standard, other colors available
- Zone rated, IECEx, ATEX, Ex d IIB +H2 T3-T4, Ex de IIB +H2 T3-T4
The Federal Signal model WV450X is ideally suited for explosive atmospheres and harsh environments. It is designed to serve the demanding needs of offshore marine and land based industrial applications. The housing is made of corrosion resistant components, which dramatically reduces the cost of long-term maintenance.
The WV450X utilizes all of the latest techniques in non-metallic housing construction. The body of the product is comprised of Glass Reinforced Polyester (GRP) and 316 stainless steel hardware. The use of GRP in the design improves corrosion resistance and reduces weight as compared to traditional metal housings. The GRP construction also saves time and money over the life of the product by reducing or, in most cases, completely eliminating the need to perform regular field inspections of the flame path.
The WV series comes standard with metric entries, a 316 stainless steel dome guard and a 10,000 hour rated Xenon strobe tube. There are two versions of the WV450X available. The flameproof "D" versions come standard with a 316 stainless steel mounting brackets and two M20 entries for field cable gland connections. The increased safety "E" versions have the added feature of a terminal chamber with three M20 entries. The increased safety design allows for quick field termination and pass through wiring.